1st August 2013, Pembroke Pines, FL
Well, it had to happen eventually….
I am in love. It’s official! This blog is now called How TripletsMum Got Her Groove On.
The object of my desire is a shop. Not just a mere shop though. It is a huge wholefood and organic shop. Really, I’m not fussed about organics but, what goes hand in hand with organics and healthy living….? Vegetarian food! In abundance!
I chanced upon it whilst trying to navigate the US postal service, which is complicated. Unnecessarily so, in my humble opinion. I had to drive to a post office and queue, with lots of people. For a long time. Germs were no doubt exchanged in the queue. Silent, sneaky, person-to-person hidden germs.
When I entered, it was like paradise. I was surrounded by meat-replacement everything. I settled on vegetarian shrimps, tofu and italian ‘sausage’. My own south Floridian version of Trader Joes. Bliss. I was very anxious about being vegetarian in Florida but my fears have been allayed.
1 x fold up beach chair which has a carry handle
1 x massive beach towel
3 x frisbies
- Suntan: getting to ridiculous levels now, how much can one person actually tan?
- Sun-loving status: I am so blessed to live somewhere that I know is going to be hot every single day. It is mind-blowing!
- Great advice award goes to: Ms Circusmum.com who suggested printing a ‘Reasong to Be Cheerful’ sign inside my front door, to remind myself why I should be happy to be where I am.
- Messages of support from fam and friends on my private Facebook account: really helping me. Writer comments keep coming and are appreciated, but this is just for fun, nothing career-worthy here other than my musings on my life-change.
- Missing my boys status: already am, knowing that they’ll be flying back home on Saturday night
- Helpful sister award: goes to my sis, Dr J* straight up, for being my rock since I got here and the voice of calm when I am panicking.
- Anime: having been force-fed this for three weeks by Triplet2, I am starting to get a teeny-weeny bit hooked. It is annoying.
- Weight-loss: isn’t it great when clothes start being too big? It’s okay, I can answer that one myself. Yes indeed it is!
*obvious, but worth mentioning that names have been changed!